The biggest question when it comes to creating a lead capture or landing page is, “do I have them contact me, or click submit.” Well the only way to answer that question is by testing both methods and seeing which draws the most responses.
Claude Hopkins the godfather of advertising stated it best back in 1923 when he wrote Scientific Advertising:
” Almost any question can be answered, cheaply, quickly and finally, by a test campaign. And that’s the way to answer them – not by arguments around a table. Go to the court of last resort – the buyers of your product.”
Testing different versions of your landing page is a must when you are driving traffic to your replicated website. And it is a must when you are buying MLM Leads or using an email autoresponder.
See, over the years as a lead generation expert, I hear from clients who question the quality of the data I have provided. Now without a doubt some data is bad, and should never be sold. However in the majority of cases where data is questioned it comes down to two situations:
1. The client is new to sales and marketing and has not fully mastered the elements of Prospecting, Presenting and Closing. Or…
2. They are using an internet marketing system which has not been created by a master marketer.
See just like in a good sales letter there are some elements of a landing or lead capture page that has to be tested, tested and tested again until they pull top results from your prospects.
Here are the five elements that must be mastered in order to gain the high conversion rates you are looking for:
1. Headline – Your headline is what your prospects see before they see anything else.
2. The content – Now in a sales letter content is king. On a landing or lead capture page where as the content is important, if you really want to shine you need to use Video and let the prospects connect with you and build trust.
3. The background and Colors you use – White backgrounds with blue boarders and images of your product, service of the lifestyle you are promoting need to be front and center.
4. The Call To Action – You have to have your CTA in key locations on your site. It should be said or shown at least three times minimum in your video, and the same should ring true on your site.
5. The P.S. – You should always give an extra bonus towards the bottom of your page, giving your prospects something of extra value for acting immediately.
Before you start testing your lead capture or landing page, you need to step back and look at the bigger picture of marketing, and even the science behind successful marketing campaigns.
Although no amount of testing will create the perfect campaign. It will guide you through each of the elements you need to master to create the best lead capture and landing page for your niche.
Here is a great resource that can help you gain more information:
Never Give Up,