Raise your hand if this has ever happened to you:
Someone called you using their speakerphone and didn’t speak loud enough to be heard.
Someone called you while they were eating.
Someone called using a sketchy VOIP telephone service.. you heard about every 4th word.
Someone is trying to talk to you while trying to have a conversation with other people at the same time.
If you’re working with prospects around the country, it’s likely that the phone is an integral part of your communication. As such, I encourage you to use the telephone both effectively and professionally.
Here are a few tips to consider when talking with prospects or customers:
1) Answer the phone within 3 rings. If you know you’re leaving the office, it’s better to forward the phone to that number directly then have your callers hear several numbers ring in sequence in order to find you.
2) Say “hello“. You would be surprised by the many “other” greetings we hear.
3) Speak clearly in a firm but friendly voice. This helps the other person hear exactly what you’re saying.
4) Don’t interrupt the other person while they’re talking to you.
5) Never engage in an argument with a caller. No one wins.
6) Don’t answer the phone if you’re eating or chewing gum.
7) If you’re too busy or distracted to talk, call the person later. Confirm a time and number to call back.
8) If you’re calling a person back, call at the agreed time.
9) Never call someone before 9 AM or after 9 PM.
10) When completing the call, let the other caller hang up first before you do.
Always remember that first impressions are lasting impressions. So leave a positive lasting impression on your caller when you talk on the phone.
When is the best time to talk to your prospect?
The best time is when you have time to call.
I found that the best time for me to call the prospect is AFTER they’ve see the business presentation. I only talk to prospects after they’ve opted into my lead capture page and seen my business presentation. That’s why I use MyAutoPilot Traffic for my prospecting and sponsoring.
Get your traffic today and start talking to prospects.
Thanks for reading.
To your success,
|PS. If you’re not advertising, you’re going out of business..|