This describes how average people and rich people compare in how they think about money.
Author Steve Siebold, author of “How Rich People Think” studied millionaires for over 30 years and drew some conclusions on why some people become average and others become wealthy. It came down to how they thought about money that mattered most.
Here are the top 10 ways average people think differently than rich people about money:
1) Average people think that money is the root of all evil. Rich people think that poverty is the root of all evil.
Siebold writes that people have been brainwashed to think that it is shameful to have money. They think that people become rich wealthy because they are lucky or dishonest.
Wealthy people know that money doesn’t buy happiness. But wealth does make life easier and more enjoyable.
2) Average people think that selfishness is immoral. Rich people think that there is some good in selfishness.
The wealthy realize that in order to help others, you must first help yourself. Then when you’ve helped yourself, you’re in a better position to make a greater impact helping others.
3) Average people have the “lottery” mentality. Rich people have an “action” mentality.
The average keep “waiting” for something to happen. Either they’ll pick the right numbers, or a situation will finally change in their favor.
Rich people don’t wait for the circumstance to change. They actively work to bring about favorable changes.
4) Average people think that a formal education will provide a better way of life. Rich people seek out “specialized” education instead.
Average people think that advanced degrees will bring about wealth. Whereas, many wealthy people have little formal education. Instead, they acquired specialized training in a given field of expertise, then sold that knowledge to become wealthy.
5) Average people long for the “good old days”. Rich people look forward to even better days.
People that think that they’ve already had their best days rarely become rich.
The wealthy become wealthy by betting on themselves and their goals, dreams and vision for the future.
6) Average people are emotional about money. Rich people are logical about money.
Average people can often become transformed into a fear-based, scarcity driven thinker that only focuses on retiring comfortably.
Wealthy people look at money logically to realize that it is critical tool that represents options and opportunities.
7) Average people make money doing things they don’t love. Rich people love what they do.
Average people take jobs because they need the money. They trade money for physical or mental effort.
To average people, the wealthy seem to be working all the time. That’s because the wealthy love what they do and they find ways to get paid for it.
8) Average people set low expectations so they’re never disappointed. Rich people set high expectations and meet the challenge.
Average people set low expectations so they won’t disappoint themselves. Riches were never created with such low expectations.
9) Average people think you have to “do” to become rich. Rich people think you have to “be” to become rich.
Average people think that you have to do a certain thing in order to attain wealth. Whereas the wealthy think that you have to learn from your past experiences – successes and failures – to become the wealthy person that produces great results.
10) Average people think you need money to make money. Rich people don’t limit themselves to their own money.
The wealthy ask themselves “Is it worth buying, investing in or pursuing?” They don’t limit themselves to their own monies. They find ways to fund the future using money from other people.
This part 1 article described how average people view money differently than rich people.
KEYWORDS: mlm millionaire